Monday, May 27, 2013

Callbacks...the inconvenient truth.

Friday was not what I call a great day. I missed Madison's Spring Sing to start the day. Daddy had to work late too. I made it in time to pull her and her sister out of our babysitter's car at dance, so that our sitter could go to her other job at Ruby's in Redondo Beach.

As I was dropping off Madison's guitar at the front desk she came up to me to get a band-aid because she had reopened a scab on her elbow. Yay! Once I was done clean up all that, I headed to her dance class. And there on the floor I found Mads on the floor curled up in pain s reaming crying. Mind you I have little sympathy for my injured kids because I tell them not to run unless (A) they are in p.e. and in sneakers or (B) zombies are chasing them. I gathered as much information as I could to only figure out that there was a lot of pain zinging through Madison's body; enough pain to make her nausea.

I got Mads an ice pack and had her sit in class. When she came out to say she's still in pain, I knew it was time for urgent care. My kid usually gets hurt, shakes it off and keeps going. We are do-ers not try-ers, and definitely not quitters. Thank goodness that urgent care was (A) around the corner, (B) open, and (C) there was no line. After x-rays were taken, we came to find out that Madison has a greenstick fracture. However, we still must see an orthopedist after the Memorial Day holiday.

While the cast/splint was being put on a (410) text came in. Oh great. Serious?! What timing. I knew that the callbacks for the food fight audition were coming up, but not really anticipating a callback. We never anticipate callbacks because realistically, you can't if you do, you will be let down. And this is all for fun, for experience and making friends. So as a proper Momager, I left a panicked message for our agency and then consulted with a few Momager friends. They encouraged taking the callback. I confirmed the callback and now we sit, on a Monday night.

Tomorrow, Madison will go to school. Tomorrow, I will attempt to get her an appointment with an orthopedist. Tomorrow, we will go to the callback. Tomorrow, will be like any other day, except with a little pink cast on Madison's left arm.

Update on She Wants It: Casting has yet to update anything. Whether cast or not. We still know nothing.