Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"On Avail"

I did get an appointment with an orthopedist yesterday! At 2:30 we left for a 3:30 appointment in Torrance, in order to get in sooner, to leave for Santa Monica for the callback which was at 5:20 (which is in reference to the "funnest" audition ever).

The doctor saw us quickly, and we were out in plenty of time to make it to the call back. However, we did leave with a fabulous hot pink fiberglass, water-proof cast. SMH! I did question whether we should go to the callback, because it is not a removable cast, nor will it be coming off in time for filming. It doesn't come off until June 18. That would be after ballet recital and hip-hop recital, but in time for guitar recital. Ugh.



Thank goodness Madison was in good spirits, because Momma had the worst nervous stomach all day. We got to the callback with plenty of time to spare, and even found free parking! We headed in hand-in-hand, with the iPad in tow. Checked in for the callback and realized there was six castings going on, so a lot of kids. We took a seat and played some games, read the commercial description, and hung out.

Madison got called up with two older girls, who were to play her sisters. I got a few looks, a few eye-rolls, the kind that says, "Your kid is messing up my kid's callback." Casting asked if the cast is removable, and I confidently said, "Nope, not at all. She just got it on an hour ago." The girls went in, and from my understanding colored and had another food fight. Mads gave me a thumbs up and said it was fun. She also told me that she wanted to fill the girls heart jars, and with a little encouragement, went up to both girls and said, "I'm Madison and I thought you were amazing." Hello?! Seriously?! My kid?! Wow! Proud Momma moment.

Within the hour our agent texted me that Madison is "on avail." She confirmed that we can work the dates given, which we can. Apparently, they really needed a "real" kid, because to be put in the avail category with a cast on, is sort of a big deal. I wasn't expecting anything other then "Thanks for showing up." Super proud of my monkey, for powering through what has been a tough experience.