Friday, May 17, 2013

She Wants It! Day 1

Monday, May 13, 2013 Regular run of the mill day for the kids. Morgan hung at home with me, while Madison was at school until 11. Picked her up and took her to her swim lesson. Her coach wasn't there, so she busted her butt impressing the sub. Morgan was playing on my phone the entire time, so I wasn't checking emails. Chatted with another mom afterwards while Mads showered. All in all, a normal Monday morning.

When I got the girls in the car, I confiscated my phone. Before heading out of the lot I checked my email. That's what I do. I always do it. Checked work, personal and saw that a casting call had come in on Madison's email. I read the Subject...So-and-So/So-and-So audition. No way! "Please look at new ages and submit ASAP this auditions today from 3-5:30 p.m. ASAP if talent is chosen, they will head to Houston next Tuesday for 1 day to film a scene with So-and-So and So-and-So returning Wednesday." I emailed our agents to see if this would be a self-submit, or if they got it too; they were already on it, and had submitted Madison.

I told Madison that she MIGHT have an audition in the afternoon, but it probably won't happen, as she was on the young side. Basically, "Hey kid, awesome opportunity, but don't get your hopes up. Momma tried." I had to warn her of a possible audition, because she still naps. Yes, my 5 year old naps. For like 2 hours at a time.

One o'clock came and went. Two o'clock came and went. Three o'clock came and went. My husband came walking in at 4 p.m..."Hey, your phone has 6 text messages..."



"Madison! You got the audition!" Let's go!" So I changed her from shorts and tee shirt, into something more acceptable and headed out in rush hour to make the trek towards downtown LA! We rocked out in the car and made it in a timely fashion. After spending $7.50 :-O on parking, we headed up to the suite. There were lots of little girls and boys waiting to be seen. It wasn't long before Madison got paired with a little boy and they went in together. This is what I learned after from Mads. "Mommy, we had to play together, and then we pretended to watch a sunset." Sounds good. And that was that.

I promised Madison that I would do all that I can to get her the audition. It's not about the money. It's the experience. It's to be able to work with someone that she loves. I kept my promise. And she walked out beaming. Today, I did my job as a parent and as a manager.